On occasion, STARLIMS may offer apps, special programs, activities, events or promotions (“Programs”) that have unique or additional specific terms, privacy notices and/or consent forms that explain how any information you provide will be processed in connection with the Programs. You should review the applicable terms before interacting or participating in the Programs.
“Personal information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. Examples of personal information include your name, your postal address and your telephone number.
How does STARLIMS collect personal information?
STARLIMS collects information in a few different ways:
- Information you submit or choose to provide
- Information you give us permission to collect from you or another source
- From Health Care Professionals Through our websites and mobile apps
- From contract research organizations and clinical trial investigators
- From your participation in STARLIMS programs or clinical trials
- From third party service providers, data brokers or business partners
- From industry and patient groups and associations
- Automatically from devices you use to connect to STARLIMS Services (See “Cookies and Other Tools” below)
- Information provided by STARLIMS partners
- From public sources including, but not limited to, social media and other websites that enable social sharing
- Information from government agencies, public or third-party information sources
From time to time, we may use or augment the personal information we have about you obtained from other sources, such as public databases, social media platforms and other third parties. We may also combine information we get from a third-party with information we already have, and we may combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online.
If you choose to submit any personal information relating to other people, you represent that you have the authority to do so and permit us to use the information in accordance with this Policy.
Information STARLIMS collects
STARLIMS may collect the following information, depending on what product and service you use:
- Contact information and preferences (such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and emergency contact information)
- Biographical and demographic information (such as date of birth, age, gender, ethnicity, marital status, and sexual orientation) Health and medical information (such as medical insurance details, information about physical and mental health conditions and diagnoses, treatments for medical conditions, genetic information, family medical history and medications an individual may take, including the dosage, timing, and frequency) we collect in connection with managing clinical trials, conducting research, providing patient support programs, distributing and marketing our products, managing compassionate use and expanded access programs and tracking adverse event reports
- Information regarding parents or legal guardians
- Any information you provide in connection with applying to or participating in a patient assistance or support program (such as financial need information)
- Payment-related information we need to complete a transaction (such as credit card number and financial account information) Username and password that you may select in connection with establishing an account on our websites or mobile apps
- Your photograph, social media handle or digital or electronic signature
- Publicly available information
- Internet activity, such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browsing history, your search history and information on your interaction with the STARLIMS Services and our advertisements
- Device information
- Geolocation data, e.g., your physical location or movements (See “Cookies and Other Tools” below)
- Inferences drawn from other personal information listed above, to create a profile reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes
- If you are accessing STARLIMS websites or apps on your mobile device, you may also choose to provide us with location data. To protect your privacy, you should not provide STARLIMS with any information that is not specifically requested
- Any adverse event information
If you are a Health Care Professional, we may also collect:
- Professional credentials, educational and professional history, institutional and government affiliations, information included on a resume or curriculum vitae, education and work history (such as work experience, education and languages spoken)
- Information about the STARLIMS programs, products and activities with which you have engaged
- Details about our interactions with you, your prescribing of our products and the agreements you have executed with us; including remittance or other financial information
- Any information you choose to provide about yourself or your household
- Information collected in connection with STARLIMS hosted events or activities you attend or participate in
- Publicly-available information related to your practice, such as license information, disciplinary history, prior litigation and regulatory proceedings, and other due diligence related information
We may use the personal information we collect about you with information obtained from other sources, such as public databases, social media platforms and other third parties. For example, we may use public information to confirm contact or financial information, to verify licensure of Health Care Professionals or to better understand your interests by associating demographic information with the information you have provided.
How does STARLIMS use personal information?
How STARLIMS uses your information depends on how you interact with the STARLIMS Services. Generally, STARLIMS may also use your information to:
- Provide our products and services to you and make them better Develop new products and services
- Fulfill your requests Provide customer service
- Send you administrative communications regarding STARLIMS’s products or STARLIMS Services
- Notify you about special promotions or offers that may be of interest to you
- Invite you to participate in surveys about our products or services Better understand the interests of our customers and visitors who use STARLIMS Services
- Maintain STARLIMS’s online services such as websites and apps Monitor, detect and prevent fraud, improper activity and ensure STARLIMS’s policy compliance
- Conduct research including secondary and follow-on research Determine an individual’s eligibility to participate in STARLIMS programs or clinical trials
- Process payments
- Evaluate how you and other users interact with our online services Protect STARLIMS and our users
- Secure our online services including our network, websites and apps Conduct audits related to our current interactions with you
- Debug the site and service to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
- Defend ourselves in litigation and investigations and to prosecute litigations
- Comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
STARLIMS may also use information collected from you or about you to offer you customized content, including to:
- Recognize new or past visitors to our websites or apps
- Remember your personal preferences
- Show you more relevant and meaningful advertisements based on your interests
STARLIMS may also use your information for other purposes disclosed to you from time to time.
In addition, some of our applications and mobile-optimized sites may have location-based features. To deliver these features, we may collect and use location data provided by your mobile device. For example, we may offer shopping features that allow you to get information about local merchants. By using such applications, you consent to the collection and use of your mobile device location data for purposes of delivering these location-based features.
We may use personal information collected from any of the sources listed in the “How Does STARLIMS Collect Personal Information?” section of this policy for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our websites and apps, improving our STARLIMS Services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promot